Preparing a good Kratom tea is no mystery, here we explain it step by step:
- Choose your favorite variety, according to taste or occasion.
- Weigh your dose: 2-3 grams is a good dose to start, 5-8 gr is a standard dose to discover all its effects and 10 gr or more is strong. We never recommend exceeding 15 grams.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Avoid using tap water if there is a lot of lime in your area. The amount of water to boil ranges from 1 to almost two glasses (250 to 400 mL). We recommend a little more than one glass if the dose is large (10 grams or more). The more concentrated the tea is, the worse its flavor will be.
- When the water starts to boil, pour the previously weighed Kratom. Go stirring little by little. Every time the water begins to boil, it is convenient to lower the heat a little, because the kratom tea tends to rise.
- Stir and leave on medium heat for a maximum of 10 minutes, since the heat degrades continuously. On many websites, they recommend adding a little lemon juice: this helps to extract the alkaloids a little better, but it worsens the taste a lot! So we make it available to everyone.
- When the tea is ready, it’s time to filter it. A coffee filter is sufficient. We can pass some cold water over the remains of Kratom that have remained in the filter to drag some more alkaloids, until the glass or bowl where we will drink the tea is full.
- Add sugar or another sweetener to taste.
- Let it cool down a bit, and watch it drink little by little, over about 30 minutes. Kratom usually has a bad taste, although many of our varieties are very passable because the leaves are crushed without veins and other hard parts, which give it a very bitter taste.
Other than tea, can I consume Kratom differently?
Apart from tea, you can:
- Chewing on fresh leaves if you have access to them, something complicated in most of the countries.
- The “toss & wash” method, which consists of swallowing the Kratom powder and lowering it with water and juice.
- Encapsulate it. The final price increases, although more material is used. Of course, swallowing plant material can cause diarrhea due to the enormous amount of fiber.
- Smoke it.
Watch out! The FDA has reported cases of Salmonellosis associated with Kratom in the USA. By not passing the Kratom through sanitary controls, since it is not legally approved for human consumption, it cannot be guaranteed that it is free of any microorganism. Preparing the Kratom in infusion is the safest way since high temperatures destroy any organism.
Which Kratom variety is best for me? What differences can I find?
- Kratom Indo: somewhat strong in flavor, slightly sedative. In general, its effects are not very strong.
- Kratom Thai: with much more pronounced effects, it is stimulating at first and intensely euphoric, later being deeply sedating and very similar to an opiate. A favorite of many people.
- Kratom PNG: very similar to Thai, with a milder flavor, somewhat less stimulating and very dreamy.
- Malay Kratom: amphetamine, stimulating and euphoric ascent that lasts for at least the first 2 hours.
- Kratom Red Bali: powerful sedative, very similar to opium effects. Ideal for combating pain and anxiety.
- Kratom Sumatra: very pleasant to taste and an off-road vehicle in terms of effects, easy to carry. Ideal for beginners and to raise your spirits. Also, low cost.
- Kratom Maeng Da: considered one of the best varieties, similar to Kratom Thai since they are related but more stimulating than this.