2 Easy Mindfulness Exercises You Can Try Today
The world has become a very busy place and people can’t find time for themselves to relax and sit down. Our mind is constantly engaged in scattered thoughts and emotions.
These scattered thoughts and tensions create stress on our mind which is harmful in the long-term. Though you might be very busy and it might be hard for you to find spare time to relax.
However, in this article, we will share with you two very simple mindfulness exercises that you can do anywhere anytime. You can also use a mindfulness app to keep you on track of regular meditation.
Here are two very simple mindfulness exercises that you can do to relax your mind and body.
- Mindful breathing
- Mindful observation
You can do this exercise anytime and anywhere you want. It is better to do it in a meditation position but you can do it in any position, sitting or standing.
All you need to do is to focus on your breath for just one minute. Start from breathing in and out slowly and this breathing cycle should last for 6 seconds.
Take the breath in via nose and exhale through your mouth. You need to breathe effortlessly.
Make sure you let go of your thoughts during this process. All the time your focus should be on breathing.
This exercise can be done standing up or sitting down, and pretty much anywhere at any time. If you can sit down in the meditation (lotus) position, that’s great, if not, no worries.
Either way, all you have to do is be still and focus on your breath for just one minute. Now you need to watch your breath, focusing your sense of awareness on its pathway as it enters your body and fills you with life.
Now with your full awareness let the breath go out of your mouth and watch how its energy dissipates into the world.
If you ever thought meditation is a hard thing to do then you just did it now.
2. Mindful Observation
This is another mindfulness exercise as it provides you the opportunity to see things around you in a more profound way. This exercise will connect you with the beauty of the natural environment.
There are many things that you miss during your daily activities. Here is how you can do this exercise.
- First, you need to choose a natural object from within your immediate environment and focus on watching it for a minute or two. This could be anything such as a flower or an insect, or even the clouds or the moon.
- Make sure you do nothing else except notice the thing you are looking at. Keep watching for as long as your concentration allows.
- Now see this object as you are seeing if for the first time and explore every aspect of its formation, and allow yourself to be consumed by its presence.
- Now allow yourself to connect with its energy and its purpose within the natural world.
If you have ever thought the mindfulness exercises are hard things to do then you should know they are not. There are many other mindfulness exercises but these two are the best to start with. You will be able to concentrate and relax in a better way after these mindfulness exercises.
Latest posts by AntThemes (see all)
- Why Should You Hire a Web Design Agency? - February 25, 2020
- Top 8 Benefits of A Web Developer Career - February 22, 2020
- Recipe for Creating an Outstanding eCommerce Website Design - February 18, 2020